1st Saturday Chess Quads in West Chester, PA
Great News: The West Chester Chess Club is back playing OTB chess on Thurdays at the church starting April 29th! Please arrive by 7:00PM.
- Masks and proof of full vaccination is required.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available if needed.
- Play will be upstairs on the 2nd floor in the back. Not in the basement.
- No word on Saturday quads yet - they are still closed.
Attention: 1st Saturday Quads are still closed due to the Pandemic.
Chester Chess Club runs a USCF rated chess quad tournament on the first Saturday of every month.
It has been doing so since 1991! On average, 30-40 players
We have players as far away as Baltimore attending.
To view past results and match-ups please see our USCF tournament history
(this page has both quad results and Thursday results).
- Please arrive between 9 to 9:30 to register.
- You will need an active USCF membership. You can purchase or re-activate a USCF membership at the USCF site.
- Please bring a board and clock.
- Entrance fee is $20
- First place in a quad wins $40. If 3-0, $50
- Rounds are 9:40, 1:00, 4:00
- Games are 1 hour 20 minutes, delay 5
Parking is available on nearby streets. No food is provided. Restaurants are about a 10 minute walk.
The quads for July 4th will most likely be on the 2nd Saturday. A schedule will be posted as we get closer.